Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some highlights.

        

The Flower Girls of Jerusalem

Heidi, Jess, Me   





Arabic grafitti is the best. Hands Down.







In front of Dome of the Rock, one of my favorite sites in Jerusalem.





Don't we look just like a menorah?



A common site. When kids graduate from high school, they have to serve the government for 2 years. Lots of them serve in the army, so there are soldiers walking around everywhere holding huge guns.                                          



                    

Rachel, Elyse, Me, and Tamara in front of the Dome of the Rock.





     I wish I could capture this better, but this is the view that I have during sacrament meeting.
Last week it was especially cool when there was a thunder storm. The rain was pelting the ground and the biggest bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. Incredible. 




                                              

Playing with 2 children with cerebral palsy
                                   

We get the opportunity to go volunteer at two institutions in Jerusalem: Princess Basma's for Disabled Children and the Domari Gypsy society.  It is such a wonderful opportunity to serve the people here and one of the best ways to get to know the people.

 

                                                        

I never get sick of the sunsets here                                        





PLAYING THE CARRILON BELLS



 

Brother and Sister Squires, the senior music missionaries, took us to the YMCA in West Jerusalem and gave us the opportunity to play the carrilon bells.  How do you envision what playing the bells looks like?  Quasimodo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame swinging on a rope?  Well that is what I thought and I was completely wrong.  Instead it is like playing on a keyboard.  My friend Briana and I played "Frere Jacques" in front of 60,000 people in the city of Jerusalem. Unfortunately I messed up and played some of the wrong notes, but hey! Hopefully only 20,000 people picked up on it.  It was a really fun and unique experience.  



                                                  

Emilie Foss and I acting like the bells



                          

  Brother and Sister Squires, two of my favorite people at the JC.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Anne, that's incredible! Awesome pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude!! I was in one picture!! (and I am pretty sure I took one...?)

    I LOVE ANNE!!

    moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I love you acting like bells...

    ReplyDelete