Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jivin in Jerusalem
I had a great week. Highlights include touring the kotel tunnel (right next to the wailing wall), walking Suleyman's Wall, and going to The Garden Tomb. I have so much to write about but don't have time to post much considering I have to pack for Egypt which I'm leaving for tomorrow! Here are some pictures for now :)



prank on mom: guess where the chairs to the kitchen table are?





standing on top of Suleyman's Wall!



Climbing in Zedekiah's Cave.



Our favorite olive wood carver, Omar. This man is amazing. He makes the most beautiful nativity sets and figurines. He also bought six of us falafel after we asked him where the best falafel shop around was!


On a tour of the Kotel tunnel. Here is the extension of the wailing wall hidden underground!


Standing on the ground that Christ possibly walked on


Paranoid are we?

5 comments:

  1. Anne your pictures are awesome! looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne - Wow - you are having quite an adventure! I am your Mom's VT now and she let me know about your blog. I'm a little envious - you get to see and hear about such incredible stuff. I'm looking forward to your Egypt pics. Oh - and I loved the pic of the sheep!
    -Kathy Hales

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is awesome. i love you anne shirley :)

    love,
    diana berry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne! I found your blog through Alison's and i'm so happy! it looks like you are having such an amazing time! we miss you here in provo!

    ReplyDelete